Lab Journal


Lab Journal 4

Day 426
I captured some more wretched today. Had to open the portal long enough to bait them through – luckily it doesn’t take long, though I’m sure one day I’ll have another incident like before.
The wretched don’t seem to be very affected by the Halfling blood I used before. Will wait until I have some elvish blood to see if that has any different effects.

Day 430
I heard some sewer workers appearing close by – luckily they didn’t approach too closely. I was ready to take them out, when I heard a loud ruckus, then nothing. Maybe Goldie’s power can even reach down here! They must have been really weak-willed to have been overcome that far away from her though. I’d better lie low for a couple of days.

Day 433
Managed to get a couple of bandits from the road. I don’t think I was seen. I left the usual mess – they should just put it down to wolves again. One of them is still too worked up – I’ll come back later to take samples – I know adrenaline has bad effects on the experiment subject. Still, at least they haven’t eaten each other like the last lot did! I’ll need to build another cage to keep the captives apart if they succumb that easily.
Took some blood from one of them this afternoon – had no effect on the wretched. Will try once more with the other one tomorrow. Goldie is getting hungry again – I’ll rush through these experiments, then feed her the least lively of the two – that should keep her going for a week or so. I can’t give her any more of my own blood – I am weak enough as it is, and need to keep my strength up if I am going to continue to capture more subjects. NOTE – those sewer workers must have broken the lock on the gate – need to fix it as PRIORITY!